Monday 4 July 2016

The trouble with tanks is...

Tanks are a bit like Pringles.  Once you start, you can't stop.  Here is the last (?!?) wave of British armour for my flames of war force.
As you can see they are all base coated and shaded ready for painting this week. This wave comprises of 5 Sherman tanks (including a firefly), 5 Cromwells and 4 Halftracks for the infantry.  All are plastic soldier company miniatures.  I will give a review of these this week hopefully, as by now I have painted a lot of them lol.

On one note, the Plastic Soldier Company spray cans are awesome.  They made painting the Brits really easy.  They do a good range, and I have so far used them for the British tanks and German infantry.  I have a grey for early war German armour as well, but picked up the Flames of War dunkelgelb in a sale so can't comment on what the PSC yellow is like.  So far all of these sprays have been good though, and it really has made painting these minis much easier (especially Brits with their rather uniform colour selections).

Honourable mention goes to GW's Athonian Camoshade.  Never paint WW2 without it lol.  

Well, back to painting and assembly for me.  If I can get everything finished off we can start up again on some video batreps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment