Thursday 4 December 2014

Germans are done :-)

Finally finished the Germans yay!  Here are some images of the force. When I get the table finished (you can see the WIP in the shots) I will bust out my DSLR at lighting and take some proper pics.

I am trying the App for the iPhone to write this (having had no success uploading pics to the web version on the phone). God it is annoying. It uses a larger than normal keyboard that obstructs the text, and has no easy accessible features for formatting the text other than bold and italics lol.  Perhaps it is a guerrilla move against iOS?  Anyway it will at least allow pictures to be uploaded which is something.

I have finished off the bases with some shading, leaf scatter and foliage clumps. They look reasonable I think, and when the bird is finished should be right at home on it.  The next task will be to finish the next few squads.

I have had to put painting the vehicles on hold, as I am getting a set of Vallejo Model Air paints for XMas and therefore I am forbidden from buying any until then.  When I get them I will airbrush the vehicles in one batch.  Anyway, here are some close up pics to finish this post off so I can get to bed lol.
Sniper team, ready to remove some NCOs and pin the crap out of the enemies of the Fatherland.


NCO and members of one grenadier squad.  Note the converted LMG

The tried and trusted Pak 40 with foliage cover.


The mortar team.  Not used yet, but will give it a try someday.  I don't know how effective they will be though as in my opinion they are a little inaccurate.


MMG team.  Again this hasn't come out to play yet, but with the "Hitler's Buzzsaw" rule I guess it may be a good asset.

Another grenadier squad.  Again with 2 LMGs and some other nasty toys.

Next I will build a squad of SMG troops (maybe with no LMGs) but I guess a panzerfaust will be essential?

Well that's it time for bed lol

No comments:

Post a Comment