Tuesday 2 December 2014

WW2 German WIP

Time to start painting some WW2 models. I have started a late war German Heer force.  I intend to do a mechanised force in  Hannomags, with some Panzer support.  I started with the force off with the Bolt Action Army bundle.


The force comes with a stack of plastic men, a MMG, mortar, Pak 40 and a Hetzer tank hunter.  I purchased it from Wayland Games where it was the great price of £64 instead of £80 (and I had a voucher code as well, so it was even cheaper!).  I also bought the Metal German command squad so I can use all the plastic models for normal squads, and a couple of SDKFZ's.  I even got to use the gunners from them to make MG's for two of the squads.  This gave me 2 spare models to make a sniper team.


The first batch of the models have been assembled and base coated.  A long way to go, but I have made a start lol.  The base coat for the uniform was Vallejo German Fieldgrey, helmets Vallejo German Grey, and various browns for the pouches.  The next step will be to give the model a watered down wash of GW Athenian Camoshade.  Then will highlight them back up and do the flesh and other parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment