Sunday 4 January 2015

Infinity N3 Batrep


Just finished our first N3 battle report.  We have tried a longer and more detailed video style.  Have patience we will improve even more, there were a few teething problems, and moments where we forgot the newer rules, but we picked up and fixed most mistakes.



Here is my army list.  It is a 300 point Japanese sectorial army force.  All except for the Ninjas are unfortunately still N2 profiles, but a lot of my opponents Meroviginian troops are too, so no worries.


YOROI Lieutenant (85|3)
 Keisotsu Missile (25|0.5)
 Keisotsu Grenadier (14|0.5)
 Keisotsu Paramedic (12|0)
 Keisotsu HMG (18|0.5)
 Keisotsu Observer (12|0)
 Yuriko Oda Pf (24|0)
 Oniwaban (44|0)
 Ninja Hacker (40|0.5)
 Ninja Tactical Bow (26|0)


We played the annihilation  mission from the N3 book, as we wanted to keep it nice and simple for the first go as it were.  We did roll up some classified objectives though, I had HVT: Espionage and  Sabotage.  I decided that my goal was to blow up the coffee shop (in fact this was discussed before hand with my opponent, as we decided what would be valid targets in case anyone obtained sabotage).  I had decided that I had taken a bribe from a rival to Costalot coffee, to ensure that the coffee house was collateral damage in the operation.


Only one model in my force had to be proxies (I used the Gui Feng spec ops as Yuriko as I don't have that model yet)

My opponent needed a few minis, so I lent him some of my Stargate SG1 themed ariadna force (a generic soldier or 3 and Samantha Carter - from Hasslefree).  We will have to do a SG-1 Themed Infinity batrep soon.



The battle report is in three parts, found here...


The game was quite a tense match, with some lucky and really unlucky moment, and some nice heroic action scenes.  The N3 rules seem very tight, and you can now do the action hero stuff (like leaping gaps with a medic - spoiler) without a risky dice roll killing you dead.  Once again I had my link leaded bullet magnet curse though, although for the first time since I started playing infinity, I managed to pass an Engineer roll.



We also looked up command points, and loss of lieutenant doesn't seem to effect them.  Feel free to correct me if I am wrong there.



No comments:

Post a Comment